Adding Columns To Your Outlook Inbox
For the most part, Outlook’s default view for messages (Inbox, Sent Items, etc.) fits the bill nicely, however sometimes you might want to change the view to add or remove certain information.
Here is how to change the availableÂ columns in Outlook:
- Go to the folder in question, for example, the Inbox.
- Right click on the column header and select “Field Chooser”.
- Use the drop down list at the top of the Field Chooser dialog to select the category which contains the field to add. Usually, “Frequently-used fields” contains what you would want.
- Drag the item from the Field Chooser dialog to the Outlook header. A display marker should indicate where this new field will be placed.
- To remove an existing field, simply drag the column header to the Field Chooser dialog.
- Close the Field Chooser dialog to apply your changes.
Now the new column information will be available for every item. One nice features is each “view” (for example, your Inbox is a view, Sent Items is a view, a sub-folder of Inbox is a view, etc.) can be customized individually, so you can view relevant information in each particular area.