How-To: Add Album Art To MP3 Files

Posted August 11, 2008 4:53 am by with 9 comments

albumart One feature of many media players is the ability to display album art. Those who create their own music and other audio files sometimes wonder how this is done.

The answer is to use MP3Info. This freeware utility will add another tab called MP3-Info in the Properties section of any MP3 file.

After installing MP3Info, right-click any MP3 and select Properties.

Click the MP3-Info tab and you will see this:

image

The first tab you will land on is Standard. Fill in the necessary information then click on the Misc tab.

image

Fill in your necessary information here, then click on the Images tab.

image

The only checkbox you need to be concerned with is Cover (front). You can add in the other images if you like but the front cover is the only one that matters. When you check the box you will be prompted to add in an image file. I suggest using a JPG or JPEG as these work well. They can be any size but it’s suggested to have it at least be 320×240 and not more than 800×600 (any larger and this will add a lot of "chunk" to the file size).

And that’s it. Once you have the image applied you can open up the MP3 (such as in Windows Media Player) and your image will show up as album art.

9 responses to How-To: Add Album Art To MP3 Files

1. Aamir September 28th, 2008 at 1:23 pm

hi. Thanks for introducing the utility. but how can I install it in order to access this tab. Guidelines in target website are vague and the only thing I’ve found out is its command line switches…!

2. DaDa December 27th, 2008 at 2:29 am

I found out you do not need the command line MP3Info.exe file in the link above. Instead download the file MP3ext34b23.exe from //www.mutschler.de/mp3ext/ and install. You can then use Windows Explorer to list all your MP3 files, right click on the file and choose “Properties”, an extra tab of MP3-Info would appear.

3. ali February 4th, 2010 at 12:52 pm

tanx 4 ur guidance.
    I can add images to mp3 files, but my player in car doesnt show the image!

4. gf March 5th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

awesome…

5. Scott March 6th, 2010 at 12:36 pm

The best place to find artwork is AlbumArtExchange.com. These guys have the largest selection of high quality album covers of any of the similar sites.

6. Nick March 11th, 2010 at 5:53 pm

How do I put album art on an mp3 without downloading anything? I only have access to a library computer…

7. Darshan April 14th, 2010 at 4:02 am

Hey nice information !

8. Urban June 4th, 2010 at 10:23 am

can you show me how to do this in Vista ??

9. Jon June 11th, 2010 at 1:01 am

hey how do i remove the mp3info icon?