One really nice feature which was added in Office 2007 is the ability to make certain files in your recently opened document list ‘sticky’ so that they always appear in the list. This is really easy to do:
- In the respective application (Word, Excel, etc.), click on the Office icon in the upper left.
- In the ‘Recent Documents’ listing, note the push pin next to each item.
- Click the push pin for each item you want to make stick on the list. When you select the item to be sticky, the icon will change to indicate this.
- Now whenever you open the Recent Documents list, the sticky files will always be there. The order will shuffle according to other documents you may have opened, but the sticky files will not be removed.
- To unstick a file, simply click the push pin again.
This feature is great for making sure you have easy access to the files you use most often and can help you avoid cluttering up your desktop with shortcuts. Office 2007 users definitely should take advantage of this.
The PCMech.com weekly newsletter has been running strong for over 8 years. Sign up to get tech news, updates and exclusive content - right in your inbox. Also get (several) free gifts.