Often times I do actually find myself needing to perform mass updates on a group of text files at once. For example on non-templated websites or collections of configuration files, you many need to perform replacing one value with another across an entire selection of files.
Today I just wanted to give you a quick example on how you can do this. I am utilizing the program, Editpad Lite to perform these changes:
- Highlight / select all yourÂ files.
- Right click on a selected file and go: Send To > EditPad.
- All the files will open in EditPad with each file in a separate tab.
- Select Edit > Find.
- Type your old text into the find box and your new text into the replace box.
- Check the box on the left side to have EditPad replace across all open documents.
- Run the replace.
- Select File > Save All, or click the toolbar icon and you have updated all your pages.
Whether you have 5 or 50 files open, they can all be updated in a matter of minutes.
The PCMech.com weekly newsletter has been running strong for over 8 years. Sign up to get tech news, updates and exclusive content - right in your inbox. Also get (several) free gifts.