When it comes to monitor setup, there seems to be two schools of thought – multiple or one big widescreen. Both have their pros and cons. For example, multiple monitors makes it easy to facilitate the use of multiple programs (snapping to a monitor) at once while a big widescreen allows a lot of ‘real estate’ for desktop space or movie watching.
I get asked this question a bit and these are the points I bring up:
Multiple Monitors if:
- You have lots of desk space
- You routinely need to have several programs viewable at once
- You like to keep your inbox viewable while working (building on the above)
- You do remote presentations which use desktop sharing (allows you to share one and keep one private)
One Big Widescreen if:
- You routinely view just one program at a time
- You are accustomed to using a laptop
- You have limited desk space
Did I miss something? I am a multiple monitor person, but which setup do you prefer and why?
The PCMech.com weekly newsletter has been running strong for over 8 years. Sign up to get tech news, updates and exclusive content - right in your inbox. Also get (several) free gifts.