Send A Fax For Free Over The Internet

Posted July 2, 2009 2:45 pm by with 8 comments

Every now and then we all have the need to send a fax. Whether it is for important [fill in the blank] forms with your signature or you simply need to send a ‘paper copy’ of something instantly, fax is still a standard for transferring documents. If you don’t have a fax machine and do not want to run out to your local Kinko’s, check out Fax Zero.

No registration is required and usage could not be easier. Just enter information for both you and the recipient, upload your file and then send. It’s that easy.

Of course, there are some limitations with using the free option, but in the event you need to remove these, there is a premium option where you just have to pay a small fee to send the fax. Overall, either method sure beats having to go find a fax machine (and most likely pay to use it) elsewhere.

8 responses to Send A Fax For Free Over The Internet

1. Floyd Bufkin July 2nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I use FaxZero all the time. I had a little problem at first because the magic numbers you have to enter were covered up by a image box and I could not find them. This was using Firefox in Ubuntu. If you have the sme problem, got to View>Page Style, and select “No Page Style”. It was probably due to some settings I have, but I could not figure it out, so “No Page Style” worked for me.

2. Tom July 2nd, 2009 at 6:52 pm

I.ve been faxing on the net for years, it comes built in to Windows XP and it’s free. My youngest child is deaf and he gets it on his fax machine..

• Ancient Brit April 2nd, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I don’t think you’ve been using the ‘Net for faxing – you’ve been using a modem in your computer to send faxes via your phone line.

I installed fax services under XP in my system (which lacks a modem – I haven’t used a modem in a decade and I currently have no machine with a modem). Any attempt to set up a fax is met with the same dialog: There is no modem in this computer. Do you want to install a modem now?

• Carringtonq May 13th, 2010 at 2:53 pm

How do you do this, Tom? I have a similar issue. The free sites limit you to three pages.

3. Freon July 3rd, 2009 at 12:15 pm

If you need to send forms with your signature or a copy of a paper document, you still will need a scanner to make images of the paper documents.

4. Rajit July 18th, 2009 at 11:01 am

I have to agree with Freon, you still need to have a scanner to scan documents which is the most common thingy while faxing anything ..

5. James July 30th, 2009 at 2:01 am

http://www.GotFreeFax.com is another website that allows user to send free fax online to the US and Canada. User can either upload a PDF/Word file or enter text to fax. It does not add Ads to user’s fax, which makes it suitable for faxing formal documents.

6. send January 28th, 2010 at 12:44 am

You can consider faxorama as a good solution too because there are no ads on the cover page. I have used it couple of times and seems to be working fine.