Thanks. I think those instructions, while pointing to the same end result, are for an earlier release of Chrome. The "Settings" are now right in the first drop down menu. In any case I'm now certain with the reinstall that I'm rid of it, at least for a while.
When it happened to me the second time I think I went to that settings page and I didn't locate Babylon in there and nothing came up in the scans but I suppose in my frustration I may have overlooked something.
Any, there's joy in River City!
ASUS M3N78 PRO, G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB), 2 WD Caviar 500GB, AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 2.7 GHz, LITE-ON 20X DVD Burner, Antec Three Hundred, Corsair 400W PSU, Windows 7 64 Bit
ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB, Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB HDD, SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W Modular PSU, EGVA Video Card, Hauppauge WinTV board, Window 7 64 bit