bump. (sorry if I seem impatient, I've been at this for about 5 hours now :s)
Edit: I decreased the TX power from 71 to 28 (I think that's the default for the linksys firmware) and presto! I got wifi on my laptop. After connecting my laptop, I raised the TX power back up to 71 and did a speedtest and got 22Mbps (not bad for a G network!).
So all in all I was able to get wifi only by disabling the wireless security entirely, before I changed any TX power settings.
i7 3770k| Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 560 Ti | ADATA 4x4GB 1600 | Asus P8Z77-V | Corsair HX650W Modular | 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 | 500GB WD Caviar Black | 1TB WD Caviar Black | NZXT Phantom White | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Last edited by ryuk999; 06-30-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Reason: Fixed (hopefully for good)