Learn How You Can Have PCMech.com Set Up A Website
For You, Your Family, Or Your Business…. FOR FREE
The Internet is where things are happening these days. And, if you’re not there with your own web presence, you are slowly (but surely) drifting behind the power curve.
Certain facts are indisputable:
- More and more business is now shifting to the Internet.
- The days of the Yellow Pages are nearing an end. Today, people turn to the Internet to find what they need – even if it is a local service provider.
- More and more employers are now turning to the Internet to research potential hires.
- More and more entrepreneurs are creating their own business, based SOLELY online. In fact, the founder of PCMech.com (David Risley) is a self-employed entrepreneur, working SOLELY online.
Not only that, the barriers to entry have fallen. The prospect of getting a website set up USED to typically involve hundreds, or even thousands of dollars. Today, using modern software, one can literally have a website online in an hour or less – easily. There are still technical hurdles, but they’re not NEARLY what they used to be.
6 Reasons Why You Would Want A Website Of Your Own
- A resume site is a new trend. For those looking to stand above the fray and be more than just another piece of paper in a stack of resumes in somebody’s filing cabinet… having your own website which tells companies why they should hire you will definitely stand out and get attention.
- Many family’s now have their own blog. Including family news and photos, families can easily keep distant relatives up-to-date…. in ways that a long-distance phone call simply will never be able to do.
- Many people are now turning to the Internet to start their own businesses – sharing their knowledge, products or services with a world-wide audience…. not to mention getting in front of prospects who are searching for you online.
- Musicians are now using their own websites for distribution, bypassing the major labels. Now, even small, independent musicians have a shot.
- People who already have jobs can start blogs on their area of expertise. This is yet another way to stand out, make yourself more valuable to employers… as well as create a security blanket in case anything ever happens to your job position.
- Being “out there”, with your own website, allows you to expand your network of contacts. The more people you know, the most opportunities that can come to you. This creates a social safety net.
The reasons are many.
Simply put, we’ll set up your website for you. We’ll do this using the powerful blogging software, WordPress.
Now, in case you’re wondering… isn’t that just for blogs? The answer: NO. WordPress is best known for blogs and it is still the most popular blogging platform out there. But, WordPress is used to power all kinds of sites. You can make it look any way you want. Just want a 5-page mini-site for your business? No problem, WordPress can do that. Want a full-fledged website like PCMech.com? No problem! In fact, PCMech.com itself is fully powered by WordPress.
It takes a little bit of technical know-how to get things set up. But, technical stuff is what PCMech is good at.
So, here’s what we’ll be doing for you:
- Install WordPress for you. This will be your framework for anything you want to do on the web.
- Help you transfer your domain name so that your new site is accessible at whatever address you want.
- Install a theme of your choice. A “theme” is just another term for the design of your site. And there are a TON of free designs you can choose from. There are also some optional ones you have to pay for. The choice is your’s. We’ll help walk you through it, and ultimately set up whichever you want.
- Install our hand-picked selection of plug-ins to get you started, including:
- All In One SEO – This plug-in will help you optimize your site for search engines and get top rankings.
- Google Sitemap – This plug-in helps notify Google of any updates to your site, getting you indexed faster.
- W3 Total Cache – This advanced plug-in will proof your site against all kinds of high traffic situations.
- WordPress Stats – This will allow you to see how many people are visiting your site… right from within your WordPress control panel.
- Akismet – Protects your site from comment spammers.
- Deliver you the logins as well as resources so that you can learn and use your new website.
Not to mention… we’re pretty darn good at this stuff. So, we can help you with any questions you have.
What’s The Catch?
Simply put, there is no catch. The simple fact is that you WILL need web hosting if you want to have your own website. There’s no way around that.
PCMech works with one of the top web hosts in the world, HostGator. They are a fantastic web host (the founder of PCMech uses Hostgator for some of his hosting needs). They have great support. And unlike some other companies that specialize in domain names and offer hosting just as an after-thought… HostGator specialized in web hosting. They’ve got it down to a science.
To hire PCMech to set up your site for you, you simply need to sign up for your web hosting account with Hostgator. THEY pay us so you don’t have to. And, just to be clear… this IN NO WAY increases your costs. You will pay the same amount as you would if you went to Hostgator directly. Only thing is… if you sign up here, then Hostgator pays us to set up your site for you. Everybody wins.
And, in case you’re thinking this is expensive…. no. Solid hosting accounts start for as little as about $4/month. TRUST US…. they have accounts for every budget. And, if you’re first starting out, the cheapest plans work just fine.
In fact, we’ll do even better…
On top of that, Hostgator hooks you up with a $100 credit towards Google Adwords advertising. And, our setup service is valued at at LEAST $100.
How To Get Started
Here’s what you want to do to get started:
- Click here to go to Hostgator’s website.
- For almost everybody, the “Hatchling Plan” is all you’ll need. It supports pretty much anything you’ll need with an average website (and then some). If you ever need more, you can always upgrade. You’re not stuck with your choice.
- As you sign up, you can have Hostgator automatically register your domain for you. You will need to select a domain which is available, and I recommend a dot-com if you can get it. If you already own a domain name, you don’t need to do this.
- During checkout, be sure to use the coupon code pcmechrocks to save an additional 25%. Even if they have one pre-filled for you… use pcmechrocks instead. It will save you more money.
- Hostgator will email you your account access information and logins.
- In some cases, you will need to place a super-quick phone call to Hostgator in order to activate your account. This is simply a fraud prevention mechanism. If this comes up for you, you can call Hostgator’s activation line at 1-866-96-GATOR, extension 1010.
- Forward the email you get from Hostgator to hostgator [at] pcmech.com.
From there, we will get things set up for you. If anything else comes up that is needed from you, we’ll be in touch via email.
Once we’ve got your site set up for you, we’ll hand over the “keys” and delete our emails. We do NOT store your password information for any longer than it takes to set up your site. As soon as that is complete, you can change your login information if you’d like to make sure we can never log in again. We will destroy any records we have of your login information.
Ready to get started?