As we wrap up another year of technology here at PCMech, I thought it would be fun to look back at where we’ve been this year on PCMech.
The year started out normally for us, but content was slow. I was not personally running the site day to day, and it was showing. But, around the beginning of the year, I was turned onto blogging. I had been aware of blogs well before that, but I had not switched my publishing model over to the platform. Around August or so (seriously, I can’t remember the exact month now), I made the decision to convert PCMech over to a blog.
The decision has proved to be one of the best I ever made. Along with this conversion, I have also taken over running the site on a day to day basis. Now that PCMech is a technology blog site, our quantity of new material has gone into the stratosphere compared to what it used to be. We are now bringing you sometimes several posts in a single day.
This is a big transition for this site, and my only regret is that I was so damn slow to make this conversion. I should have done it sooner.
So, looking back, here is my hand-picked list of my personal favorite posts for 2007.
- Can Linux Replace Windows?
This post got into the homepage of Digg and drove in a bunch of Linux fanboys who enjoyed calling me names.
- How to Help Somebody With Their PC Remotely
This one is just too useful to ignore.
- Why I Downgraded to Windows XP From Vista
Screw Vista. I tried it. Used it for a few months. Finally threw in the towel.
- Top 10 Sexiest Women in Technology
Need I really explain this one?
- OS X Leopard – Apple’s Vista?
After I migrated to the Mac and used Leopard for a bit, I was frustrated by it. First Vista, then Leopard. For the record, I have flipped my stance on Leopard since and I’m pretty happy with it. Leopard blows Vista away.
- Vista vs XP: Where is Windows Going?
6 years of development and Vista was the best they could do. It begs the question: What now?
- Is Blocking Ads Ethical?
Sometimes using the internet raises some ethics questions. I gave my view on one of them.
- 5 Reasons Why Windows Users Beware of Macs
We have pissed off the Mac user army more than once around here. Now that I am myself a Mac user, I tried to lay out, from the viewpoint of a longtime Windows user, why I was hesitant to switch to the Mac.
- An Idiot’s Tale of Choosing a Linux Distro
I dabbled in Linux this year, but was daunted by the sheer number of distros. Read my tale.
- HP Pavilion DV6000 Notebook Review
A simple review that launched a sh*tstorm. The number of comments on this article has been amazing, and most of it is not very flattering to HP. PCMech seems to get the brunt of people looking for feedback on this laptop.
What will 2008 bring for PCMech?
- Unique editorial coverage of the latest tech news and issues
- More how-to and PC tips (the daily tips have been brought back to PCMech!)
- More coverage of the news in the PCMech Wire
- Unique content only available in our RSS feed (subscribe to the feed now to partake)
- New products in our PCMech store
If you have any suggestions or feedback for us, feel free to let us know. I welcome it! Use the contact form or post a comment on this post.